Friday, September 16, 2011

Life in the Farm




We recently went home to my husband's province in Lemery, Iloilo to visit the farm which we took over management this year. It's a 2-hour drive from the city where we are staying.

After 1 hour of travelling we stopped over the town called Btc Viejo and bought some foods to eat. I know it's my eldest son's favorite part in travelling since he can buy "balot" and quail eggs, his favorites. I love "balot" too but it's messy to eat so i decided to get a fish crackers instead. 

When we reached home, Lola and Lolo (my husband's parents) are already waiting outside the house. They are very excited to see my 2 boys since we only visit them once or twice a year. We just rested for a while then Oliver (my husband), DJ (my eldest son) and I went to the rice farm. Oliver gave instructions to the farmers who are plowing the fields.



I took some pictures of the rice that are almost ready for harvesting. It's just across the fields which are being plowed by the man in the picture above.



This is DJ using his sling shot to hit the ducks.




After Oliver talked to the farmers, we went to the corn farm which is the nearby Barangay. It's actually a hill planted by corns.




These corns were made into chicken feeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment